Hi all, I’m Javier Torralba, from Computing Game Art and I’m going to post here everything about my participation on the final year proyect in Teesside University. We are a group divided in 4 artists, 5 designers, 1 animator and 3 programmers, me as character artist.
I’m going to upload new work every week or twice per month, starting with the reference research and showing final render of every model to finish. In this way, we can see the process that I follow to accomplish every goal.
– Start making a basic 3D base mesh to make easier the production of every character in the game.
– Produce some sketches for the mask of one enemy, the clown. Those mask can be divided in three: scarecrow, pumpkin and clown. The final design that was chosen was clown.
– Adaptation of the first base mesh to the heigh and shame of the clown to help with the concept art.
– Produce sketches to decide the design of one enemy, the magician.
– Finally, we chose research more designs for caucasic and asiatic characters, so I keep designing suits for those two enemies.
– Finally, we chose the asian desing for this enemy, this is a high poly render (wip) and the final low poly model.
– Start modelling the main character (Trixie) with ZBrush.
– Trixie low poly model
-Trixie final low poly model.
– We produced a final boss, Dr Stromboli, Deming Lee draw the concept.
– Unfortunately, I’m not going to texture Dr Stromboli and magician models becuase aren’t going to be in the final game, we had to discard a lot of work because the animator has not been capable of skin and animate all the models.
– Partners who had to model and texture props and assets needed help, so finally I will model characters and environment.
– Carousel’s textures were made transforming real pictures to hand painted cartoon textures. Here is an example of this process.
– Wooden barrel.
– Power Ups
– Last asset.
– Demo video.